Quiz: Episodic or Continuing?
- A task is an instance of the reinforcement learning (RL) problem.
- Continuing tasks are tasks that continue forever, without end.
- Episodic tasks are tasks with a well-defined starting and ending point.
- In this case, we refer to a complete sequence of interaction, from start to finish, as an episode.
- Episodic tasks come to an end whenever the agent reaches a terminal state.
With these ideas in mind, use the quiz below to classify tasks as continuing or episodic.